Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Facebook

Ahhhh the dilemma continues - to join or not to join. I am becoming more and more torn every day, yet have managed to remain firm in my opposition to such activity. How much longer will I hold out?

I will say it's getting pretty bad in that I'm missing out on vital information by not being connected. For example:

--Learned from our neighbor that my bro-in-law is going to be in the June issue of Forbes, which he posted online. We say to him, "Thanks for sharing." He says to us, "If you were on facebook you would've known!"
--Missed the birth announcement for a dear friend's new baby. They waited 9 long months to determine whether or not it was a boy or girl. I got the call she was in labor, but the follow up was posted online. My anxiety was killing me! Had I been on facebook, I would've known they had a beautiful baby boy.

In addition to these 2 biggies, my 10-year high school reunion is coming up next month. What a seriously great way to connect with great friends from the past - join facebook!!!

Alas I remain committed to my blog alone. I'm also wary of the facebook friend selection process. Not that I will have a large number of people reaching out to befriend me, but I do think there will be some that I would rather not share my page with. My friend Em likes to use the word -meh-. Like, "I'm kind of -meh- about the whole thing and I don't really get all the hysteria." That's how I feel about facebook. We'll see how much longer it lasts...

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love getting a shout out on your blog.

Just join already.

Jen said...

Stacy, you amuse me. I bet someday you will cave!!

I had fun last night, glad you came. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

facebook misses you!!
-stan

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

I resisted for a long time. Now I love it. :)