Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3 things I am REALLY excited about!

1) Our new can crusher.



This thing is amazing. Kevin mounted it to the wall in our garage this weekend and it's the best!!!! We had one growing up, and my parents would always let my bro and me split the money we made after we took the crushed cans down to the recycling center. I have no idea where the closest recycling center is in Dallas, but I'm going to find it. And crush LOTS of cans. Because it's fun and I'm helping save the earth by doing so...

2) Our new garden. Here we are getting down and dirty while planting onions - 3 butts in a row.


As you know, I had a tomato plant this year which yielded quite the harvest. With some encouragement and guidance from my Dad, I've decided it's time to graduate to a small, manageable garden this year. In a month's time we'll also be planting 2 tomato plants and 2 peppers - probably 1 green bell and 1 banana. I'd also like to plant a pot of herbs - some cilantro, and maybe basil or parsley if the timing is right?

3) Our new piano.


This is from my Granny's house which makes it incredibly special. It needs some work, but once in tune and spiced up I know it will be just perfect. Sometimes I play for B while she's in her high chair and she absolutely loves it. Is mesmerized by the sound. In fact, she's quite the little maestro herself...

1 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

LOL on the can crusher! It's the little things!

YOU GO on your garden!! That is AWESOME!!! Maybe plant basil seeds with your tomato plants. They're companion plants (help each other). I was amazed at how much better my tomatoes grew and how the basil just SHOT up when I did it last year.

JEALOUS of the piano! That's awesome! I didn't know you played???