Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Miracle of Life part 2

Okay so remember the miracle of life I discussed in the prior post? Well.
I don't really consider it a miracle having to dodge the protective wrath of mama mockingbird every time I go into the back yard these days. This is a new development, and she has become increasingly protective as her baby birds grow and thrive. I am embarrassed to admit that I ran into the house screaming this afternoon as an attempt to inspect my garden was thwarted by a flapping, chirping, mockingbird headed right towards my FACE. Am I really talking about how I'm scared of birds on this blog? I am very scared of being dive bombed. Abby's not. This one got her right on the rear end.


And this one too. Poor dog was ambushed out there, all while I stood under the protective shade of the porch taking pictures at her expense. Bad mom, I know.


But - let's just stick with this whole miracle of life theme after all. Because my cousin, who's like my sister, just birthed a sweet baby girl. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz and was born on Friday. She was the tiniest cutest baby I've seen in almost a whole year!


I forgot all the grunts and baby noises that precious newborns make. I even forgot too how to change a diaper on a baby so small. Although technically I've never changed a diaper on a baby that small as my baby was 2 pounds bigger when she was born.

In addition to her new baby cousin, B also got to see her cousin Clare. These 2 are a week apart and I have a feeling will eventually become bff's.


Speaking of B's friends - here she is at the pool with Savannah. A great new favorite summer activity to beat this Texas heat!


Although really the best way to beat the heat (and get a mad morning jolt) is to drink a Red Bull. Like father like daughter...

0 comments: