Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Summary

So I haven't posted in a while. Here are some random thoughts / happenings that have occurred over the past couple weeks:

  1. Babies. Everyone's having them. 3 of my cousins - Sarah, Trish and Amanda - recently had babies within less than 1 month of each other. 2 high school friends - Meg and Katie - also had babies this month. Em already has 2 kids, and Erin has a bun in the oven. I am learning that giving birth is not really a glamorous process in general, but very rewarding and fulfilling despite all the difficulties that come with being a first time mom. Surprisingly, I do not yet have the baby bug. I mean maybe it's there a little bit, but definitely not in full force. Yet.
  2. Music. I love it. It remains one my deepest passions. This weekend I learned how to play Sara Bareilles' Love Song and Cold Play's Viva La Vida on the piano by watching a YouTube tutorial. I viewed the video clip in the study, wrote down the notes on a post it, took it back to the living room where my parents' piano is, and played away. If only I could concentrate enough to sing along while playing, then I'd be one step closer to my dream of becoming a dueling pianist.
  3. Engagements. I was so happy to be part of a very special proposal this weekend in support of my friend Katy. Her bf Brian arranged an elaborate plan for a limo to take Katy to 5 spots where 5 of her closest friends were waiting. We each had a clue to give her once she arrived at our designated spot, then got to ride in the limo until the final stop. There he was all decked out in a suit with rose petals, waiting to pop the question. She of course said yes!
  4. Health. I do not recommend getting a flu shot and giving blood in the same day. They tell you it's okay to do so; however, you will end up very tired and exhausted the next day. A big shout out to Elizabeth - thank you for alerting the blood staff of my paleness as I would have likely passed out had you not been there. They promptly tilted me back, brought cold rags for my forehead and neck, along with a bottle of Zune, then I was golden.
  5. Election. Is it over yet?

And to close with a few corresponding pictures:


Babies: With Daniel James, Amanda and Joe's precious 3-week old baby.


Music: You may remember my absolute love of Marc Broussard. He was back in town a couple weeks ago at HOB. I went with Dana's fam and Leah. This time I got to give him a sweaty hug AND take a picture!


Engagements: My "spot" for Katy's engagement was the President's Heads. Here we are!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Everyone better NOT be having babies. I've had enough, thank you very much.

I'm ready for a little Kevinstacy Jr.

Erin said...

i love you :)