Friday, April 25, 2008

I hugged Marc Broussard!!!

On Thursday night, I attended my 4th live Marc Broussard concert at the House of Blues in Dallas. He has become one of my all time favorite artists, and has AMAZING talent when it comes to vocals.

The concert itself was phenomenal. Not only is MB a complete rock star, but we found out that night before arriving that Ryan and Leah, Jeff and Dana, and a few others happened to randomly be attending the concert as well. Singing at the top of your lungs with friends by your side always makes for a much more entertaining night...

Promptly after the encore, we somehow found a door that exited right to the street, right in front of Marky Mark's bus, and right in front of the door he was walking out of!!!

[pause for dramatic effect and a moment of extreme excitement!!!!]

K grabbed him first and shook his hand. Marc then extended his hand to me, but I totally ignored it and went in for a hug. He was so sweaty and his back was completely wet, but it was still heavenly. K mentioned the last time we saw him in concert was in Austin with G-Love & the Special Sauce. All I could manage was a breathless, "I saw you in Lafayette too!" I'm sure he's played there all of a thousand times since he's from Louisiana, but I thought surely he'd remember me singing in the front row...

He gave us a nod, a wave, a "thanks guys," and was off to the bus. I'm kicking myself for not having a camera, but the memory of this beautiful and excellent hug from a musician that I greatly admire and love will forever remain at the forefront of my mind.

0 comments: