Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun weekend....

Oh man. What a fun weekend! I am so thankful for the time in which K and I have to grow closer to one another. This foundational year of our marriage has been tough at times, but wonderful overall. We've come so far, learned so much about each other, and have truly experienced what it means to love one another unconditionally. We keep each other laughing, and most of all enjoy each others' company to the extent that I couldn't imagine doing anything without him.

We didn't necessarily have anything on the agenda for this weekend, but it ended up being so relaxing and great, filled with a variety of fun activities:

  1. Dinner with Ryan and Leah. They are sincerely genuine, true friends who we're able to really share our lives with. For the record, the best part of the meal [outside of their company, of course] was the Central Market mac and cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  2. A bike ride around White Rock Lake that ended early due to a serious fall onto my left hip after clipping K's back wheel. Lesson learned to leader: always signal. Lesson learned to follower: always keep a safe distance behind the rider in front of you.
  3. 21 the movie. I wish I was smart enough to learn how to count cards.
  4. A trip to the Arboretum. This is one of my most favorite places in Dallas next to the State Fair. I absolutely love walking through the green grass in my bare feet. So refreshing, reminds me of being a little kid.
  5. Catch in the backyard with my new Derek Jeter glove from Academy.

The best part about it all is that somehow I've managed to escape the Sunday gloom thus far - the dread that seeps up inside, knowing that you're required to attend work the next day, back to the monotous grind that engulfs you Mon - Fri. As I write this at 7:45 pm, I'm of course reminded of that terrible feeling, which usually comes much earlier in the day for me. It's now time for me to give in to the winding-down / preparation-for-the-week phase in which I start thinking of the massive To Do pile in my inbox and woefully wish for a long vacation....

2 comments:

Emily said...

If you hurry up and have a baby, you won't have to go to work anymore. I'm just sayin......

Anonymous said...

Were you huggin the curb too tight again in some cold weather? Did you not learn anything from Duncan? C'mon Chechie.....

Bub Bub