Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chicken Fried



Props to K for introducing me to my new favorite song. If they said a little bit of "Taco C" instead of "Chicken Fried," then it would be perfect. Even still, it makes me think of A&M and dancing at the Hall and Harry's. Taking Aggie Wrangler lessons, Midnight Yell practice, bus driving, making Aggie overalls, Fish Camp...

Driving to Waco to see Vanilla Ice, stealing road blocks to put in our dorm room - along with hanging empty food boxes on our wall for decor [what were we thinking?], ALOT meetings, Breakaway, staying up till the wee hours in the morning talking on instant messenger...

Going to Taco C wearing 19 t-shirts with Donnie and Josh dressed as Kris Kross, jumping in Fish Pond and Rudder Fountain the night of finals, riding our bikes to 7-11 to get a slurpee, dance parties, matching fish Hermie and Howie...

Almost all of these memories include my roommate Cathy. We went pot luck our freshman year, and ended up living together all 4 years. She is the definition of an amazing friend, someone who is more hilarious than anyone I know, with a huge heart. She moved to Houston a year or so ago, and lately I have been missing her like crazy. I think mostly I just miss our girl time. Coming home from going out and sitting on the kitchen counter till 3 am talking about boys and our lives in general. The ability to take naps and sleep-in and not have to worry about the real world quite yet. Ahhhh those were the days...

1 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

and let's not even get started on the RRLL memories!!!!! I was looking through my scrapbooks the other day to show someone a picture- all the memories came rushing back!!! I miss you!