Friday, December 26, 2008

New Year, New House??

I hope everyone had a Meeeeeerrryyyyyy Christmas!! Ours has been fabulous so far - the actual day spent with K's family, with an extension of the holiday via a visit to Houston as well...

As the new year approaches, K and I have started thinking more and more about our future. We've hypothetically discussed building a new house, starting a family, etc., but 2009 will be decision making time. Tonight we met with a builder. We're talking to a couple others as well, still all very preliminary with lots of decisions left to be made. I will say that I am absolutely thrilled at the potential of the following:

  • A laundry room. To not have to go out to the garage in the freezing cold, rain, blistering heat, with rats, snakes, whatever - having a dryer inside will be heavenly. I also cannot wait to have a clothing bar. To not have to hang hand-washed clothes and bras in the shower will be such a treat.
  • Ability to park my car in the garage. Our vision is for a 3 car garage, allowing a space for the boat, and one each for our vehicles. Again - heavenly.
  • A fireplace. One of my favorite childhood memories is watching my Dad ball up newspaper on really cold nights and start a fire from scratch. Plus I want a mantle to hand stockings from for Christmas.
  • A big closet. Oh how I want a big closet. Oh how I need a big closet. A walk-in. With built-in storage. And a shoe rack. And big chair in the middle that I can throw all of my clothes on. Right now poor K has all his clothes in our guest bedroom b/c my stuff takes up the entire one in our room.
  • An island in the kitchen with a built-in wine cooler. Not a necessity, but would still be cool.
  • A piano so I can play looney tunes, etc.

Even though decorating scares me, every time I go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls I have to refrain from buying. I see a really cool ottoman, or matching bar stools, etc. and think, "oh this would looks great in our new house!" Irrational, I know, and I have managed to refrain thus far simply because we have no storage in our current house for such purchases. One day...

In the meantime, I leave you now with a clip of my bro inlaw tasing himself the night of the Bowen Christmas Eve beer pong tournament. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

0 comments: