Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bake Day!



So every year K's Aunt Kathy hosts a fabulous Bake Day at her house. The girls labor for hours on end in the kitchen with dough, flour, chocolate, butter, etc. strewn all over our Christmas aprons. Dozens of batches of cookies and a few glasses of bubbly later, the guys show up for BBQ hamburgers for dinner afterwards.

It really is a festive time, one that I'm coming to greatly enjoy despite my lack of cooking ability. My contribution this year was a package of slice and bake cookies from Tom Thumb. I was promptly scolded and told that I was "cheating" if I cooked those, so ended up making Holiday S'mores which was okay by me. I did have to mix ingredients over a skillet, which to be honest was way complicated. I felt it necessary at the end of the night to admit to K that I likely will never be a good cook, as in EVER. He very sweetly told me that was okay, as long as I can make sugar cookies with icing [here's where my slice and bake comes in] and chocolate "krinkles" [a little more complicated, but still manageable].

K is currently at a gun show with his Pa [don't ask]; however, this afternoon the Christmas festivites will likely continue as we pick out our tree from Home Depot and begin decorating the house. We've got some great "new" ornaments from his grandfather that will look so beautiful and serve as wonderful reminders of loved ones. I wrapped a few presents in advance this afternoon, so tonight we should be done decorating. I love this time of the year!!!

1 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

STACY! Just looking through old emails andf ound your blog address! You gave it to me in my pre-blog days... now I"m a regular browser! :) Baking sounds like fun! It is so Stacy to bring slice and bake. You crack me up! I'm glad to see you and Kevin are doing so well!!!