Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bittersweet Ending to Freedom

It is with bittersweet emotion that I must spread news of my new employment. My feelings of excitement and thankfulness are admittedly a little repressed by the remorse of no longer being free to do the following:

--Wake up at 7:45 am (a must, even though I'm not a morning person so that I'll be able to go to bed the same tame as K each night - if only he could stay up and play until midnight...)
--Roll to the couch and watch a Baby Story on TLC at 8:00 and 8:30. Tear up every time the baby is born on TV.
--Check E-mail and lolly gag around the house until 10:15. Change into biking clothes and ride bike while watching the View.
--Shower.
--Eat lunch, sometimes with fellow co-workers who tell me how much they hate their jobs. Reminds me to be glad I'm not where I came from.
--Run errands or lay out in the backyard with Abby until Ellen at 3:00.
--Oprah at 4:00.
--Frantically make bed and pick up around house at 4:30 before K gets home from work.
--Attempt to cook dinner.
--Try to be creative so I can come up with a good answer for when K asks, "so what did you do all day today?"

Now that my free time is coming to an end, I'm of course thinking of all the things I should've done over the past 2 months like organize the house, clean out the closets, finish the 3 books I'm in the middle of reading right now, etc. It has been a wonderful sabbatical and I'm hopefully able now to go back into a new position with a renewed energy and rested spirit.

What will I be doing come Monday? Working at Bank of Texas, aka the old Bank One. Have decided to go back to underwriting and credit analysis instead of sales. Many former colleagues that I have worked with in the past have transitioned to this company, including my old boss who left Chase while we were in China. God sure does seem to work things out for good. How silly I was to ever have a doubt in my mind!

0 comments: