Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shout-out to M & J

At the request of our fabulous friends Mike and Jeff, I've decided to post pix of the newest member of the Bowen household. He's been here a few months, but we're just now getting used to him as he is to us. He's from a completely different side of the world and is barely surviving the 106 degree weather, likely due to his obesity. He weighs 200 pounds. Meet China-man:

This is how he came - in a crate shipped from Xian. K picked him up from the Dallas port near DFW. It only took him a month or so after our trip to arrive here in Texas.


He was packed in serious expandable foam. The kind of foam that has trash in it, such as Chinese DVD boxes, bottles, plastic bags, etc.


It took forever to pluck every piece of foam off. We questioned whether or not we should be wearing gas masks as I'm sure the foam had some type of poisoning in it given where it came from.


Our entire study was a mass of whiteness.


And finally - the finished product!!!


We really wanted a unique and authentic souvenir - something that will forever remind us of our travels. I think it's safe to say we accomplished that mission.


And finally - one of my all time favorite pictures from Hong Kong, courteousy of T.

3 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

WOW.

That's about all the words I have right now.

He looks...friendly. :)

Kidding aside- I know what you mean about wanting an authentic souvineer. We're planning on getting a cuckoo clock while we're here. Do you have my new blog address? www.psalm34-3.blogspot.com Enjoy your China guy! :)

Erin said...

wow is right! this is not unlike y'all though...totally hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

Nice. Maybe he'll scare away intruders. I just got caught up reading your blog. I'm so sorry about your grandma! I really miss you. Can't wait to see you in September!

Meg