Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Night for Me

So as K has a night out with the guys (a movie and sushi - how manly), I find myself home alone and reminiscent of the times I lived in my tiny 1-bedroom apt in Uptown a few years ago. I spent many weekend nights out with friends, but also made it a priority to spend time reflecting on life in general. This most definitely involved music on my computer and likely Microsoft Word. I was either a) typing a new journal entry or b) reading an old one while either dancing to Usher or praising God with worship songs (ahhh how I love the shuffle option).

Tonight the only difference is that I'm in a bigger house and I have Abby as a dance partner. I am reflecting instead of documenting. As I've likely mentioned before, reading what I have come through reminds me where I am going. Shows me that if God has worked in my life before then He is sure to work in my life again even if I don't feel Him currently.

I need time to spend alone with God – it is absolutely invaluable. How precious are the times in which I’m in His presence, the times when I’m able to tell Him that He’s great and good and wonderful, the times in which I can lay on the floor with my arms outstretched, eyes closed, heart open, totally vulnerable to Him and His unfailing love. I don’t make this a priority. I get distracted.

Yet tonight is a night of few distractions - the perfect opportunity to recharge and regroup after a long and busy week. Though I miss K, I'm appreciative of our time alone. This evening included a fulfilling trip to Tom Thumb and Sams, handwashing clothes in the sink, berries and a salmon burger for dinner, and now - Brooke Fraser, Pat Green, Shawn McDonald, etc. play in the background as I sing and reflect. I have no shame in embracing the fact that this ia a perfect night for me...

1 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

I love it!!! Hope you enjoyed your night with the Lord to recharge! Great post!