Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life-in-General Update

Has been quite some time since I've posted, primarily due to the house purchase described in the prior post. Have I mentioned too that we're having a baby? As the time gets closer, our ability to procrastinate is seriously dwindling. At some point we'll need to pick a name, I'll have to pack my hospital bag, and the car seat will need to be installed. In the meantime, I'm another year older and my belly has expanded to the size of a watermelon complimented by a lovely pregnancy rash known as PUPPS. There will be no more bare belly pictures posted from here on out. I know - tragic.

K "surprised" me with breakfast in bed comprised of Sprinkles cupcakes and a glass of milk for my birthday last week. This has become an annual tradition - one that I truly love. Usually he only buys a couple days' supply; however, this year he splurged for 10. I have been eating a cupcake for breakfast every morning for the past week. It is delightful...

That afternoon at the office my coworkers threw a surprise baby shower that I was completely thrown off guard by. The usual "you have a package downstairs waiting for you" excuse was put aside and exchanged for, "there's no trick this time - we have cake downstairs for your birthday." Lo and behold, when I opened the door to the boardroom everyone was standing there, including K!!, yelling, "SURPRISE!!" My face turned the color of the red shirt I was wearing that day and then we all partook in cake, punch, and a baby word scramble. They even got us our car seat! The last big item on our registry that we needed. How appreciative I am to work with such great people!!

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm becoming more and more uncomfortable mostly due to the aforementioned PUPPS in addition to carpal tunnel that flares up at night. There will be times when I wake up and the tops of my hands ache like crazy. At my 36 week appointment on Monday my doctor reported that my cervix has softened, but there is no official dilation as of yet. I've been getting Braxton Hicks at night too - right when I lay down to go to sleep. My stomach gets as hard as a rock. This is the latest belly shot taken by Mom who was in town yesterday helping wash clothes, buy last minute registry necessities, and continue working on the nursery. I couldn't have done it without her. We were extremely productive and it was a lot more fun having her as a partner to keep me focused and on track.


And lastly, these are the latest nursery shots. Bird mobile has officially been hung, but otherwise have yet to decorate the walls. Will hang the quilt that matches the bedding above the rocking chair, baby's name above crib, and am still searching for the perfect diaper organizer to hang above the changing table. More to come...


4 comments:

Erin said...

awww, she'll have a little "lambie" too (hanging over the chair) - everett loves his!

and the bird mobile looks so good, in my honest opinion. i'm so excited and i hope you absolutely LOVE it.

you are a precious and beautiful mama!

the Dominys said...

Happy Birthday Stace! The baby's room looks so cute! I can't wait to see it with all the stuff up on the walls. I'm sorry you got belly rash - that stinks! You are sticking out so far, it looks like baby girl Bowen is laying on her back with her feet straight forward. I know your pain!
Hang in there! I love you and I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday!

the Dominys said...

The room looks great Stace; I can't wait to see it with the wall stuff up. The birds look soooo good. I'm sorry you're dealing with belly rash and carpel tunnel, that's a bummer. It will (mostly) be over soon, hang in there. You can do it! Happy Birthday little mommy! You look so cute.

Kate said...

I can't believe BG Bowen will be here so soon! Sorry to hear about PUPPS...just what you need right now. The nursery looks fantastic! I am so excited for you both!