Wednesday, January 19, 2011

G.T.L.

K gets a pay stub every other week in the mail from his company. Every week I file said pay stub away in a file without really looking at it; however, this past week I happened to take a closer peek. I am ridiculously embarrassed that we had the following conversation when K got home from work that day:

S: We got your pay stub today.
K: Okay.
S: So what does G.T.L. stand for?
K: Uhhh. Gym Tan Laundry??
S: THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING!! I'm so glad you said that because I was really ashamed to admit that I thought of the Situation while looking at your pay stub. I mean we don't even really watch Jersey Shore.
K: Yeah. We don't watch Jersey Shore at all. I think it stands for General Tax Ledger or something like that.
S: That would make sense. General Tax Ledger. I wonder what's going to happen on Thursday when J-Wow goes home to Tom. I mean, like I said we don't watch Jersey Shore or anything. I just saw it on the previews the other night...

Closing tangent: I have 2 new favorite songs this week that I've been listening to non-stop as they put a giddy smile on my face and make me dance around the house. They are 1) Hey Hey Hey by Michael Franti & Spearhead, and 2) Let it Ride by Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

0 comments: