Thursday, April 7, 2011

Garden Update

I know you are all dying to know how our garden is doing, specifically the green bean and squash seeds. A week and a half of anticipation has lead to pleasant results so far, although I don't want to jinx anything!!!

At the risk of sounding extremely corny, I would like to express my awe over the fact that this little tiny seed that we planted in the dirt will grow to make something that will nourish our bodies. Kind of like growing a baby, but waaayyyy different. I mean, you can't compare the birth of a human with the birth of a plant really, but the whole process in both instances reinforces the fact that our Creator is pretty dang amazing. That's all I'm trying to say.

So - here are the green beans. I love how they unfold from the ground. And it's like the seed opens up and the leaves magically appear. It's the little things that get me excited in life. :-)




And here is the squash. We planted one "hill" - a circle of 6 seeds. Once they grow a little bigger, we will clip out 2-3 of the smallest seedlings leaving behind 3-4 to grow and thrive and bear fruit.


We also have a beautiful iris in our garden that bloomed the other day. This is why I love the spring!