Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Fun

Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Holidays are way more fun when you have kids. This year B and I started the festivities early by having some craft time in the living room. I lined the coffee table with paper bags, put her smock on, and busted out the washable paint - gotta love a 20-minute set-up for a 3-minute activity. The goal was to make a heart with her hands, both palms facing inwards (along with some freestyle painting, of course). The finished result (not pictured) wasn't quite as pretty, but filled with equally as much love from her precious little hands.


Today we got to cookin' in the kitchen and made homemade sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles. My intent was to purchase pre-made sugar cookie dough from Target, but when I went shopping the morning of Valentine's Day they were completely out. Plan B was to find a recipe online which I made while B watched Sesame Street. I refrigerated it during nap time, and when she woke up rolled it out so the cutting could begin. The first pic is her Katie Holmes impression, followed by actual cutting time:




And finally - icing and sprinkles!!


K came home from work with dinner, a BEAUTIFUL orchid, and gardening gloves for B so she can help us outside. Love, love, LOVE my hubby and our baby girl!!!!!

0 comments: