Monday, May 12, 2008

Paul & Becca Gray

Tonight my friends Paul and Becca Gray, along with their son -Nathan, came over to our house to share their upcoming plans to move to Africa. Paul has spent the last 10 years of his life going through med school, residency, and all the sweat, blood, and tears that entail. He and Becca both feel called to work at a small hospital in Soddo, Ethopia, while he practices as a general surgeon over the Christian residency program, and Becca serves as the resident dietcian. They will be part of the Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons, of which you can learn more about here.

I am absolutely amazed at their unwavering devotion and faith. To trust in the Lord to provide during such an enormous change in their lives is extremetly brave, and I so admire their submission to His plan. I could never imagine moving across the world with my husband and a 4 month old baby, leaving behind my home, friends, family, money, and all the small luxuries that I so enjoy as part of being a regular American citizen.

My hope is to raise awareness and ask for support via prayer on their behalf. Should you feel inspired to do so, please pray for Paul and Becca's spiritual development for the challenges ahead, for parental wisdom as they love and raise Nathan, and for God's direction and provision for Soddo Christian Hospital. Every little bit helps!!!

1 comments:

Erin said...

oooh, very fun! neat that a dietitian is being utilized over there...so good!