Saturday, May 10, 2008

Random

  1. I've been listening to my N'Sync CD on the way to work this week - the one with Dirty Pop. It makes me think of fish camp given this was the hip song that summer, and my DG partner Adam along with 4 other Lathamites learned the entire coregography, performing brilliantly in front of all the new A&M fish. I try not to let others see me dance in my car as I drive down 75 on the way to the office.
  2. I played Nintendo Wii for the first time this weekend. It is very fun, especially bowling and tennis. It is true that your arm will be sore the next day if you give it your all.
  3. I like naps. I have to say it has taken me about a week to get used to the new Tempur-pedic mattress, but now it is extremely pleasurable. For the record, superman jumps onto it hurt, so do not attempt.
  4. We booked an anniversary vacation to Antigua. How excited I am to relax on the beach with a good book!
  5. I don't care about presentation as much as I should compared to others' standards. Food tastes the same to me whether served out of a plastic container or a glass bowl. Do you really think people are going to remember serving style? Or the depth of conversation and relationship building that occurs while eating from said plastic container?
  6. At dinner tonight with friends, K described me as, "a country girl stuck in a city girl's body." I ordered chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and he ordered grilled trout.
  7. I wish I was more motivated to exercise. I feel better when I do it, but it's boring and there's never time. Plus if I'm 100% honest with myself, I'd be doing it primarily to justify eating crappier food, versus truly desiring a healthier lifestyle.
  8. Did you see Jim's makeover on Beauty and the Geek a couple weeks ago?? WOW!!!!!!
  9. I miss my family and friends in Houston. I think if I lived there though, then it wouldn't be my haven. I'd fall into the typical cyclical routine, and it would lose the special and safe feel that I so desire as an escape from my life in the Big D. How refreshed I feel after a visit...
  10. Susan sent me a SIGNED copy of Marc Broussard's latest CD for my birthday. On the cover he wrote, "To S, Stay Lovely." She attended his concert in Houston AFTER we saw him in Dallas. Do you think he remembered our hug??

0 comments: