Sunday, May 11, 2008

A tribute to my Mama

My Mom is the greatest mom in the entire world. I know you might think that your mom is better, and that's okay - we can just agree to disagree.

I wish that I could put into words how I feel about her. Growing up I looked at her more as a figure of authority, but now that I'm older she has become a true friend. Some of my most favorite times with her include:

  1. Scalping tickets to the Big 12 A&M/t.u. game a couple years ago while she was in Dallas.
  2. Playing photo hunt at our 2 favorite spots: Christie's and Las Palmas - go KASTA!
  3. Exploring Chicago together and all that entails: deep dish pizza, Garrett's popcorn, getting lost on the bus, etc. :-)

Our relationship is one of unconditional love. I have rarely in my entire life known her to be in a bad mood. This is hard for me to understand given that I'm pretty moody ["my father's DNA"]. When I didn't feel like talking or didn't affirm or appreciate her in the ways I should have growing up, she never held a grudge - she just loved more! She has never been a controlling mother, but instead taught me the principles leading to a foundation centered on the values in life, and gave me a chance to spread my own wings and make my place in this world. She teaches me to love life and to live fully.


Mom - you are one extraordinary lady, and I am so lucky to have you as my mother. Thank you for EVERYTHING you've done for bro and me growing up. We would not be who we are today without you. I love you - Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that. Long live JOKASTA!!!!

Bub Bub