Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dada!

So today the President of JPMorgan Chase Dallas made a surprise visit to my cube. As she approached, I'm certain she read the E-mail I was in the middle of typing. It had only 2 words:

Hi Dada -

Can we say professional? I'm hopeful that the prior impressions of diligent, ethical team player and value-add employee which I've strived to exude over time will override this particular instance of personal business upon which she interruped today. After all - it is my duty as a daughter to wish my most excellent and amazing father a Happy Birthday every year on his big day!

My Dad is a country boy who grew up in a small town by the name of Meyersville, TX. He woodworks, gardens, loves the beach [anything having to do with the outdoors really], and has been drinking Lone Star beer since the 8th grade. He is retiring from 29 years of hard work at Halliburton in 1 week and 2 days. I can't tell you how proud it makes me to have a father who has set such an amazing example over time...

This is my most recent favorite picture of him and his bff Riggs. It's like they're talking to each other in their own language, which I swear exists b/c the 2 of them understand one another - just like 2 peas in a pod. K and Abby have the same type of ESP. Maybe one day I'll learn it too...

Happy Birthday, Dad - I love you!!!

0 comments: