Monday, February 11, 2008

"Yeah, the flu shot really just didn't work at all this year."

I'm sorry, what? You're telling me that the doctors who have been inventing flu shots their whole lives just completely missed the mark this year, causing a pandemic across America from a mysterious "strand" that was unforseeable?

"Yeah, the flu shot really just didn't work at all this year."

This is a direct quote from my doctor in response to me asking how in the world I could have the flu when I made an extra effort to get a flu shot this year. How nice.

Not only did she tell me I had the flu today, but she was wearing a mask as she relayed the news because SHE even had the flu. After having my nose swabbed out with the longest cutip I've ever seen in my life, I got to wear a cool mask too on the way home.

Let's see - skiing in Colorado this week, or recovering from the flu due to irresponsible vaccine inventors assigned to cover the 2007/2008 flu season. That's a tough one...

0 comments: