Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Summary

--Another relaxing weekend. Given our crazy travel schedule towards the end of last year, we've tried to keep things low key in both Jan and Feb. Part of me is torn - I'm enjoying completely vegging out, but I feel like it's at the expense of continuing to be adventurous. Although, when I really analyze it, we can be adventurous when we have a family, but the opportunity to be lazy with kids will be a rarity. Maybe it's okay being a bum for a while after all...

--Today I'm wearing my Nintendo game boy shirt - what great nostalgia.


--Lately I've been really thankful for my health. Gone are the days of Whataburger for lunch and Taco Bueno for dinner. It's true that you really feel invincible before you become a full-grown adult. BUT I will say- eating healthy is boring and gross. I don't have a formal resolution, however, would like to start being more nutritious in general, and I have to say it's the pits. Sandwiches with no cheese? Baby carrots? Yogurt? And who has time to cook? PLUS - Fiber One bars make you gasssss-yyyyy.

--I don't like scary movies. Not scary as in thriller only, but blood and guts and killing is equally as scary to me. K is watching No Country for Old Men while cleaning his guns, and I cannot be in the same room. Too much shooting and violence (not from K - from the movie). Stresses me out.

--On Wednesday K's cousin Dave came and spoke to our Bible study class. We're studying different religions this year - Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Mormonism, etc. We'll read material from our study books one week, then have a guest speaker come the next. When we studied Judaism, a Rabbi friend invited us to his Temple to talk about their traditions and beliefs. K's cousin happens to be Mormon, and was an excellent and informative guest. The series has enhanced my own beliefs and also made me more open to in-depth discussions with people of other faiths. Our class has been together for 5 years - oh how I love these people.

--I also LOVE the Bachelor this season. I have not watched since college, simply because it's embarrassingly addicting. I think he picks Melissa from Dallas...

--I'll end with a shout out to my friend Stan. Pretend like this is Face Book and I posted a comment on your page. Close enough?

1 comments:

Erin said...

you're making this dietitian cry over here!!! eating healthy is boring and gross? i need to come up there and have an intervention with you! i suggest cooking light for healthy and VERY tasty recipes - online for free or get the mag. they have 20 meals in 20 minutes in each issue and these are great for cooking when you have little time. fruit is in season soon and thus very sweet and very cheap...try a farmer's market in your area to go explore. i'm addicted to berries right now b/c they're so sweet and cheap! anyways...call me sometime and we can chat healthy nutrition that ISN'T boring or gross :)