Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Recap

In order to celebrate our deep love for one another, K and I spent the day at the Ft. Worth Zoo for Valentines Day. I do like animals. Except for camels. This post will tell you why, for those who don't know what I'm talking about.



We saw the elephants, lions, monkeys, etc. I even made myself walk through the snake exhibit. I shuddered with gross chills multiple times thinking about what scary and disgusting reptiles they are, but I'm getting better, and was able to fake a smile and nod every time I heard K say, "Oooo look at this one!! Did you know that it's the most (insert phrase here, such as venomous, etc.) snake in the world?"

We even saw this one guy with a ridiculous camera. I mean seriously, it looks like a bazooka.


After the zoo, our next romantic stop was at Cheaper Than Dirt to look at guns. Ladies, if you do not have a husband that takes you to this store on Valentines Day you do not know what you're missing. Nothing says love like a couple boxes of ammo.


On the way home, we stopped by Central Market to pick up sushi for dinner. Might I add that I have never seen this store so crowded in all of my life. We're talking a serious mad house with not a single parking spot to be found. My theory is that people decided to eat in instead of dining out at a pricey restaurant given the lovely economic downturn we're experiencing currently.

We finished out the night with a viewing of Something's Gotta Give on good ol' TBS. By the time it was over it was 8:00. Thankfully Discovery was running a Man vs. Wild marathon with Bear Grylls. I went to bed with images in my head of Bear eating a huge grub worm open-mouthed. The last chomp of his teeth caused a massive spewing of blood and guts all over his chin as the worm exploded. Romantic indeed.

0 comments: