Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random Update

When I look back on my last few posts I realize that this is turning into somewhat of a pregnancy blog. After baby comes into this world, it will likely be a blog all about our new daughter. This is what's going on with us right now, this is what my thoughts revolve around, and hence this is what I write about. Life, as I know it, is changing.

Apparently baby is now the size of a mango. Today at work I looked down at my stomach and saw it moving. Was an amazing thing to watch what I've felt internally for a few weeks now become so strong and all of a sudden visible to the outside eye. People are much kinder now - opening doors and stopping their cars, allowing me to cross into the parking lot after coming out of a store exit. Thankfully I have not had any random strangers reaching out to touch my bump, although if they tried I'd likely be indifferent.

Nursery designing continues. We finally decided on our bedding, which ended up being neither of the initial options I'd selected. Our ultimate choice, I feel, is much more flexible with both pinks and blues, allowing it to be spiced up for boy or girl. Thank you, Land of Nod. Due to technical difficulties am not able to post pictures, so click here to see.

I also have an amazingly crafty friend who has graciously offered to make a project for baby's room. Erin - you seriously inspire me and I wish I had the creativity that you do!!! Thank you for being so willing to add your special touch to our sweet daughter's new room. This will be hanging over baby's crib to keep her occupied. I LOVE it!!!!!!!



To sum things up, I’m finally getting more excited about baby getting here. I know we still have a ways to go, but for awhile this phase has resembled that of before getting married. You are so excited to spend the rest of your life with the person you love most in this entire world, but at the same time you’re “mourning” the loss of your single life. With baby I’ve gone through “mourning” the loss of K and S time. I know when she gets here the joy and fulfillment will be incredible, but right now it’s in a way that’s unimaginable to me. I was never distraught about getting pregnant as it’s something we were planning and wishing for, but it’s nice to finally move past the “mourning” and into the hopeful excitement stage. Am loving getting to plan more and think about being a mom!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

it's going to be so fun! all of it! :)

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

How did I miss this post?! I LOVE your bedding choice!! It will be perfect and flexible. And those birds are so cool!!! I'm so excited for you!!!