Friday, July 8, 2011

We took "It" out on the water


"It" being the boat. K tells me you don't name ski boats as it's bad luck. But sometimes I really wish ours had a name. Or even a gender. Regardless, this was the first time we've been out to the lake in a looooong time. So long that the gauges on the boat didn't work, which meant we couldn't wakeboard. :-(

The occasion? My bro is in town from Cali for his annual summer trip to the Big D. Here we are snappin' into our Slim Jims:


Wearing his amazing gas station sunglasses. Are those Ray Bans?


Random fun fact: K and I each have our own koozies. We typically don't bring these prized possessions out on the lake, but this trip we did. His is awful - 80's rock chicks with big hair in leather.


Mine is from Christies - in honor of many late night outings playing photo hunt when I lived just down the street in Uptown.


I love this man:


So they have concerts on the lake on Thursdays. Really the concert is on land, but boats pull up near the shore, throw out their anchors, and float to the tune of awesome cover bands.


It's great fun until the police boat comes up and tells you that you can't swim in the water. I have no idea what city ordinance they're referring to, but they sounded really professional belting out violations from their microphone over the water. Any fear instilled in me by their position of authority diminished when I noticed them smoking cigars as they lazily floated by.


Mimi and Pop came too, to celebrate my bro's birthday this week:


Loved watching the sunset as we relaxed outside. Can't beat the beauty of being out on the water...