Wednesday, June 18, 2008

For the record....

For the record...I liked my job today!! It seems as though I've been complaining A LOT about work recently, so I felt the need to express / document some positive feedback as it relates to my occupation. The reason I liked my job today is that I spent the majority of it out of the office with a client. This particular client owns a retail nursery locally, and also has a 49 acre plot of land outside of town with around 17 or so greenhouses in which they raise plants. We took a tour of the facility and learned a plethora of information about herbs, sunlight, fertilizers, greenhouse temperatures, seasonality, perennials, etc. There is more complicated stuff that goes into plant raising than I could ever imagine, which I was glad to learn as it gave me consolation for accidentally killing numerous plants in my life. There IS a science to keeping green things alive...

For lunch we grabbed Mexican food at Dos Charros, the local neighborhood joint that serves seriously delicious enchiladas. As a souvenir, the client sent me and my credit partner home with a beautiful begonia each!! Did you know that there are 21 kinds of begonias?? What a great day...

1 comments:

Emily said...

You would use the word "plethora."