Sunday, June 29, 2008

H-town Happiness

This weekend, K and I took a trip to visit the fam in H-town. Our neighbor, Big B, got married on Saturday and my bro was in the wedding, which means we got to spend some great bonding time with him here in the fabulous state of Texas. I do like Houston better than the Big D, but decided recently that it is my haven. As mentioned in a previous post, if I moved to my haven I don't think I would appreciate it as much or the restoration that it provides me. I would fall into the same cyclical monotony that I often experience as a byproduct of my daily routine, and would likely take for granted the precious friends and family I have there. It will forever be my special place that I can escape to when I need to be reminded of what's most important in life...yes, Houston.

Our trip down was not so glamorous as I had a blowout while driving 75 miles an hour down I-45. What sounded like a very loud pack of motorcycles speeding by me was in reality my drivers' side rear tire exploding and shredding to pieces. With tears streaming down my face and K consoling me in the passenger seat, I drove 5 miles an hour for what seemed like eternity to the nearest exit where we fixed the problem. Driving 55 mph with a donut made for an arrival after midnight, but all was made well by late-night BBQ, Lone Star beer, and a visit from Big B and Mikey in their tuxes and flip flops. What great neighbors we have...

On Friday afternoon, K and I decided spontaneously that we needed to buy a Nintendo Wii. After calling approximately 12 stores, we found one at Radio Shack. This made for a night of much fun, in addition to sore arms the following day:

Mom and Dad playing baseball

Bowling in action

K in true form, encouraging the rest of the fam with his snoring

More bowling, or perhaps one-handed golfing?

Saturday was the wedding. It was one of the most sincere and genuine ceremonies I have ever attended. You could feel God's presence in the room - literally. Like a big sister, I was so proud of Big B and his beautiful bride. How joyful and excited I am for the 2 to begin their lives together...

My 2 favorite men


After an AWESOME medley of patriotic songs during church on Sunday, I was lucky enough to see my dear friend Emily and her 2 babies who are in town from Oklahoma. I'm sure once I have babies, mine will be the cutest kids ever, but for now she gets to hold that title:

Em and Cason watching Cars on his I-Pod

K and Kendall. He tells me often he wants twins. The look on his face in this picture says otherwise...

So all in all, it was again - another amazing weekend. My heart has been re-fueled, pumped back up with joy and appreciation for the relationships in my life. My perspective has been realigned and I can face the week with a more peaceful and relaxed state of mind. I feel content...

1 comments:

Erin said...

you're so cute.

and yes - houston will always trump dallas. just don't tell kevin i said so.

so glad you had a relaxing weekend with your fam...i know that does wonders. :)

guess what i saw when scrolling through the channels last night? wild hearts can't be broken....lol. :)