Sunday, June 22, 2008

Monumental Weekend

This was a monumental weekend, simply because for the first time in my entire life I went both in AND out of the wake on my wakeboard without face-planting. The reason could be perhaps due to the fact that we were not in K's wakeboarding boat, which throws out a wake the size of a small mountain. Regardless, this is a task I've been striving to accomplish for about 2 years now, and I was so proud to have achieved victory out on the lake.

Even more importantly, the weekend was spent with my dear friend Erin and her husband Matt at Ridley and Shirley's lakehouse in Mt. Vernon. This girl is my guardian angel, a true friend who I deeply admire. We've shared much of our hearts and lives with one another, and I cherish her and so appreciate the encouragement and love she has provided over the years. On top of that, Ridley and Shirley were the most amazing and generous hosts, true servants who opened their home to us with such genuine care and attentiveness to providing comfort during our stay.

How refreshing and relaxing it was to be surrounded by great people in a great and beautiful location. Thank you Erin, Matt, Ridley and Shirley for a wonderful weekend of respite!!

1 comments:

Erin said...

let me first preface this with, "this is NOT a sympathy post!"

now, on to business... :)

we loved seeing you guys this weekend and were pretty sad after you left...shirley kept saying, i hoped they would stay for dinner! us too, but i know you enjoyed getting all that laundry done :) hope monday wasn't too painful for you, and we can't wait to see you guys again soon!

and your post was way too kind...but thanks for the love :)