Sunday, June 15, 2008

Snap into a Slim Jim!

This weekend on our way to the Allen Outlet Mall, K and I stopped at a gas station for an afternoon Diet Coke caffeine jolt. I stayed in the car while he ran in, and much to my great pleasure, surprised me with a Slim Jim. YUUUMMM!!!! I do realize that most people would never eat such a thing, but I have to confess that not only do I consider them a tasty snack, but I also have been known to eat these gourmet beef jerky sticks for breakfast.

In fact, one Christmas a fellow coworker gave me a box of Slim Jims and a case of peanut butter crackers [breakfast choice #2] to keep in my cube for breakfast throughout the year. His 5 year old son questioned, "She eats those for breakfast? What does her mom say??" I have a feeling my Mom would likely disapprove of my unhealthy eating habits, but Macho Man Randy Savage would be all over it...

ASIDE from all the Slim Jim goodness, we found some great bargains at the outlet mall. K is seriously an amazing shopper. Like the kind of amazing that holds my purse while I try on clothes and patiently stands there waiting to give his honest opinion when I walk out of the dressing room. He is a very encouraging and I so appreciate that quality in him as I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a fashionista. Our hot finds included 2 suits for K, summer shorts for me, in addition to this cute Coach purse that was on sale for $65!! Oh how I love a good bargain...

2 comments:

Erin said...

only you with slim jims for breakfast...only you. :)

Unknown said...

you crack me up. You should come over & hang out in the hammock again. With wine & beer of course.

p.s. there's a Coach outlet in Allen now?? Dangerous for me!