Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm gettin' phat

Phat with a p-h that stands for pregnant homegirl. Whew my pants are gettin' tight. Only certain pairs though. Some I can still wear regularly, mostly my hipsters. Otherwise, I've resorted to the rubber band method (around the button and through the loop) or the belly band. Which by the way - I was totally jazzed about the belly band, but if I wear it folded down the way the packaging displays in the "hold my unbuttoned pants up stage," then it gets rather uncomfortable. Instead I choose to wear it in one layer all the way up to my boobs. I mean - just in case you're wondering...

I'm almost 15 weeks and haven't told work yet. I plan to on Monday, November 30 after my 16 weeks appt, although if these people are as smart as they say they are then they HAVE to know that I have a bun in the oven. We had a Thanksgiving spread last week, and after I went through the line there was not a single place left on my plate. Really - I piled that thing sky high and ate every bit of it, plus dessert complimented by an additional afternoon graze around 3:00. And I haven't been very sleuthful about researching cribs, strollers, etc. on the internet. It's difficult to minimize the screen quickly when someone approaches behind while I'm mesmerized by the 10 bajillion options for baby gear that exist. Am not looking forward to registering...

I have made some progress though. While we will likely be finding out boy or girl, my practical nature overrides any desire I have to create a gender themed room. We will be selecting neutral bedding, decor, etc. that can be re-used for baby #2 when the time comes. I have it narrowed down to these 2:

If it's a boy -

If it's a girl -
You're thinking - well why have boy or girl choices if you're going for gender neutral? BECAUSE...right now future baby room is painted navy blue and I think that animal theme goes better with blue. Yes, we could re-paint, but that's way too much trouble if it's not a girl. Either set can be spiced up with pink or blue accents, which is my ultimate plan in the long run.

This weekend we plan to look for furniture. I'm finding it quite difficult to locate what I'm looking for online, so maybe an in-person run through at several local shops will reveal the magic set. We'll seeeeeeeeee...

2 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

ooohhh!!!! I love the bedding!!! So super cute!

And WHAT, pray tell, is a TUMMY BAND???!!!! :)

Leah Robinson said...

Have fun! You should look at Little Lam in Richardson at Nantucket and Campbell. We bought our crib there, they can order anything and we got a 10% discount. It might help if you say Ryan and I sent you. Good luck!!!