Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mini Baby Moon

K and I decided to take a spontaneous mini baby moon this weekend to Fredericksburg, TX. I have to say that not being able to travel is one of the things that I'm most worried about post baby. I know it will still be possible, but much more difficult. We have made a conscious effort during the past 2 years of our marriage to travel as much as possible, which has been absolutely amazing, yet I'm still not quite ready to throw in the towel on our worldly expeditions...

So on Saturday afternoon we booked a last minute trip to TX Hill Country and stayed in a charming B&B right off Main Street called Chardonnay Hideaway. It was absolutely perfect with a small kitchenette, great bathroom, and shabby chic decor:




We did a lot of exploring up and down Main Street, stopping in at shops and bakeries along the way. One day we went to Enchanted Rock. It was so wonderful just being outside. I will say that it is much more difficult to breathe when walking up a steep incline with a baby inside you. We had to take a few more breaks than normal, but I still made it to the top, down and around the park on a 2.5 mile or so hike.


My favorite part was sitting at the very top. The views were spectacular and the changing leaves added so much beauty. With nothing but the breeze blowing, it was such a silent, peaceful, and restful moment...




We were also lucky enough to catch my aunt and uncle for a Mexican dinner. I hadn't seen either of them in years, and they were available on a whim to meet with us. It made me think of family gatherings at my Grandma's house reminiscing about stories in the past...


We have 1 more day left to recharge given tomorrow is Veterans Day. Oh how I love working at a bank...

3 comments:

Emily said...

"...it was a such a peaceful, restful moment..." and then my ankles swelled up to the size of pumpkins and I started crying for no reason.

Oh, wait...that won't be till month 8.

LOVE YOU.

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

How fun!!!! Your room looks great! Wow! And looks like your fancy tripod is working great for taking pics of you two! :)

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Thinking about you some more in regard to your slight concern (sadness?) about limited travel in the future. Of course, life will change with a baby! But I have no doubt that this will not be an intrusion into your lives, but the natural progression of celebrating the fruit of your love and your union. I was listening to a podcast of Catholic Answers Live- Christopher West was the guest discussing Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body (that was a mouthful) and he said something to that effect that made me think of you! SOOOOO excited for you!