Monday, July 5, 2010

6 Weeks Old



My how time continues to fly. I feel like I say that every week, but kids provide excellent tangible evidence of how quickly the days pass due to their ever-changing nature. I look back at pictures of B on the day we brought her home from the hospital and she's a different baby now - still tiny, but constantly growing and evolving into who she was made to be...

Along with her 6 week old birthday comes an attempt at some sort of schedule implementation. Perhaps schedule is the wrong word - maybe more of a routine so to speak. My primary concern revolves around an early bedtime and the impact on our social life. By "our" I mean Brooke's as she has become quite the social butterfly. Our primary goal is for her to sleep through the night eventually. At this point I'm up for experimentation, so we'll see what works and what doesn't - as if I have any real control over her sleeping patterns. :-)

We're getting more experienced at running errands and meeting friends out for lunch, although I did drive away from Rusty Taco with my drink on top of my car in the pouring rain. If that's the worst that happened I'd say we're doing okay. We even left her with her first babysitters this week - Cody and Jen. She thanked them by peeing on Cody - quite the little lady. She met lots of K's family this week over the 4th of July, and even got to celebrate her great grandpa's 90th birthday. All in all - a wonderful 6th week of life!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

look at those fabulously rolly legs!!!! ahhh, so cute! she is just precious, stace!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

She is gorgeous!!! I agree with Erin- love those rolly legs! When oh when can I hold your precious little one?! :(

Jen said...

I was quite amused by the pee incident :) She was a great little baby to watch, bring her over anytime!!