Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First Laugh!

B has been talking up a storm lately. We spend lots of time partaking in "changing table chit chat" which entails conversation, song and dance, typically following a diaper change. B has some great stories to tell and loves to coo and kick her legs while we chat.

She's been pretty camera shy, meaning that every time I try to capture one of her stories on film she becomes mesmerized by this silver object in front of her face and goes radio silent. I thought I would try again today to see if she'd cooperate.

As a disclaimer, I absolutely do not have what it takes to post a video of myself chatting in "baby talk" to my child. I respect others who choose to share this online, but personally just cannot bring myself to do it - hence the silence in the background in the video below. If you listen carefully, there is a small gasp after what I believe to be B's first laugh, and I almost - ALMOST - busted out with high-pitched praise to her for giggling right there on camera (don't worry - the moment I stopped recording my voice escalated 10 octaves and I was a baby-praising Mama). It happens right after the first hiccup. Wait for it, wait fooorrr it....

5 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! THAT WAS THE MOST PRECIOUS SOUND EVER!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEV EYOU GOT IT ON CAMERA!!!! i WANT TO LISTEN TO THIS ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

The Stallbergs said...

oh yeah that was a laugh and a gasp! lol love it!! and love reading the blog! :)

Jen said...

B!! Best noise I've heard out of you so far! Next time your Aunt Jen is holding you, please laugh :)

Lisa said...

How sweet!!! Love those baby laughs - best ever!

Erin said...

AHHH, yay! everett was totally listening when i played this video and he was looking at me like "who is that speaking my language?" :) how amazing that you caught that on video!!!