Monday, July 12, 2010

7 Weeks Old







Documentation of B's 7th week of life is in the form of pictures versus words this week as my thoughts are on another subject at the moment: WORK.

Today I gave my notice of resignation, meaning I will soon officially be a stay at home mom. While I know in my heart this is the right decision, I must admit that I'm sad and will miss working. Of course I will miss only the good things - the times when I felt like I was adding value, learning, being a trusted advisor to my clients. It's easy to forget the bureaucracy and politics and 1980's technology that so often caused headaches and apathy.

Mostly I will miss the people that I worked with. I have never really felt fulfilled by my career itself, but rather by the relationships with coworkers that have become friends over the years. I feel better about leaving knowing that I can continue these friendships regardless of whether or not I go back to work.

And while I'm referring to my prior professional career as "work," I can attest to the fact that I'm still working indeed, only in a different industry. Instead of a banker / underwriter we'll go with "domestic engineer specializing in human development." B is worth every bit of it!

3 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Such conflicting emotions!! I understand, S. It's okay to feel that way. Have you ever seen Dr. Larua Schlessinger (sp?)'s book on the Power of Stay AT Home Moms? It's awesome!!

Much love to y'all!!!

the Dominys said...

I know what you are going through Stace, though my career was a bit shorter, so maybe a bit easier to leave. I'm currently reading a book called "Praise for Stay-at-home Moms" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. I will send to you when I'm done. It's great encouragement for gals like us! HAHA! I just read Lauren's comment AFTER I wrote this. CRAZY coincidence!

Beth Atchley said...

Yay Stacy!