Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jack and Jill Bath

My pregnancy hormones are still pumping, and for whatever reason with this baby I've become all about interior design. For the record I am a horrible decorator. I have no vision and I hate planning out where furniture goes, what fabrics / pillows go together, what curtains to hang, etc. At the end of the day, the normal version of me has always been about function over form. For example - a towel is used for drying, so who cares if it comes from Wal-mart or Pottery Barn Kids? Both my pregnant self and my normal self would agree that it doesn't matter where it comes from, but my pregnant self would say strongly that Pottery Barn Kids has WAY cuter towels, towels that my kids NEED!

Don't be too alarmed - there are still rational parts in my brain, including the part that feels it's absolutely ridiculous to pay PBK prices. I justified the cost to myself by using our credit card points to get gift cards, lessening our out of pocket expense substantially. We have to pay the bills and buy groceries anyways, right? So might as well take advantage of the rewards.

To cut to the chase, I couldn't resist the PBK safari towel set. I really love the existing towels and bath accessories that are on display in our jack and jill bath, but couldn't resist the urge to make it into a kiddie bathroom since our 2 babies will be sharing it. Here's the before - a pale turquoise, brown and creme combo with a simple silver bee donning each ceramic accessory:


While I have yet to find cute kiddie bath accessories, here's an after with the towels in addition to another completed project off my list - the brush, flush, wash signs hanging above the toilet. (Inspiration again came from etsy, animals came from a diaper cake that my friend Meg made for B's baby shower way back when.)





My next goal is to make a valance using the leftover stitch witchery from B's pennant project along with some yellow fabric and green ribbon that I picked up at Joann's today. We plan to move B to her big girl room in the next couple weeks, so will hopefully have everything done by then. Once little man comes I'll probably look back and say, "what was I thinking?" going crazy with all of this decorating insanity. But in the meantime, it keeps me busy and gives me something random to blog about. :-)

1 comments:

the Dominys said...

SOO cute Stace! I love the flush brush wash and I'm really so happy you were able to reuse those little animals!