Sunday, August 24, 2008

F-U-N

This weekend was fun. Very fun! My parents came in town on Friday to visit and also celebrate my Mom's 52nd birthday. On Friday night, we surprised her with tickets to the Cowboys game. This lady is one of the biggest sports fanatics I know. My childhood memories involve her yelling and screaming at the TV in some form or fashion, whether it be at football, basketball, baseball - whatever sport happened to be on at the time. It was VERY hot in Texas Stadium; however, the Cowboys won against the Houston Texans, so all was grand and fabulous at the game. As a side, we got our tickets through Stub Hub. I highly recommend this venue to those who are looking for tickets to sporting events.

Us girls


The fam [minus J - we missed you!]


Saturday was spent out on Lake Ray Hubbard. Thankfully the weather was wonderful. We floated, skied, wakeboarded, surfed, the usual. I would like to note that I went in and out of the wake multiple times without face planting, I drove the boat while K surfed, AND backed the trailer in without jack-knifing due to verbal guidance from my Dad. I only bring this up because this is the first time in my 2 years of boat outings with K that I have ever done any of these 3 things. Regardless, the water felt so refreshing and it was relaxing, as always, being out in the sun.

Captain K


Mom and Dad on the boat
Getting ready to wakeboard

Mom skiing. Pretty awesome for a 52 year old if you ask me. :-)


This morning we went to church, then had a birthday lunch at Mariano's given today is the actual date Mama was born. All in all we had a blast celebrating, and I'm so happy and glad that they were able to come in town for a visit. Happy Birthday Mom - I love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey look it's T.O. Owens!!!!



J

Erin said...

i'm so glad you didn't have a "wild hearts can't be broken" experience...i think you're out of the woods now with regards to that. :)