Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Breakfast, More Zoo Pics, and a Big House

To begin, I have to say that I've never been a big breakfast eater. Or maybe it's just breakfast foods that I'm not a fan of. I think I've mentioned before that once my old boss got me PB crackers and Slim Jims as a Christmas present because these were 2 things I frequently ate in the morning at the office (with Cheez-its being a close 3rd).

Because we planned to get to the zoo right when it opened last week, that meant we were forced to have breakfast on the road. We each grabbed our respective food choice and set it on K's center console while loading up the car. I took a picture before consumption. Can you guess which is which?


Yes, mine is the chocolate cake. I'd like to blame it on pregnancy cravings, but if I'm 100% honest with myself I have to say that I'd choose chocolate cake over Greek yogurt for breakfast any day. We did each have a Boost before leaving the house, which means I got SOME nutrients to start the day. I'm going to have to turn my diet around pretty quickly before B starts thinking it's normal to have chocolate at every meal.

As for the zoo itself, I have to post a few more pictures - mostly of the animals because they were so incredible. My favorite was the gorilla. The kids next to K and B were eating apples and I swear he was giving them the evil eye through the glass, about to break through for a bite.



And who doesn't love a baby monkey?


The elephants and giraffes were equally amazing. And yes, it was worth paying $5 for 3 pieces of lettuce to feed the giraffes. They came right up to us!!




All in all, we were thoroughly impressed with the Dallas Zoo.


Last - about the big house...check out what monstrosity is being built on our old lot. Wow!!!

0 comments: