Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's a...

BOY!!!!!!


Yep - a baby brother for Miss B! We are very excited to have one of each! With both B and this baby I had dreams. More with her - maybe 2 or 3 times? - dreamt that she was a girl. And with this one, only once that I clearly remember - dreamt that it was a boy. We also have a gender predictor at my Mom's group that has been proven freakishly accurate. It's basically a gift bag with burp cloths inside, tied with either pink or blue ribbon. When you reveal that you're pregnant, the drill is to draw from the bag to see what you get. I don't know the exact stats, but over 4 years and tons of pregnancies it's been wrong maybe 3 times? I drew out a blue burp cloth over a month ago. Go figure!!!

The one thing that I am so excited about - like want to jump up and down relieved about - is that I don't have to pick out BOY bedding!!!!!!! Going gender neutral with most of B's things was the best decision we ever made. Who has time to re-decorate a nursery when you have to focus on potty training and getting together a big girl room for your existing toddler? We even have some clothes - the standard green and yellow (mostly pj's) - that we'll be able to use for baby boy. Admittedly I did already go shopping for his first little man outfit the day we found out...I couldn't resist! But again - knowing that all I have to do is get a couple blue changing pad covers, a blue lamp shade, and blue letters for his name for his room to be complete makes me one happy Mama.

To end on a random note - my doctor told me that white males take longer to cook, so there IS hope of having a few more days between baby #2 and Miss B! We can't wait to meet you sweet boy!!!

0 comments: