Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Organizing Part 2

This weekend I went to H-town to visit my fam and friends. In addition to celebrating my Dad's birthday, I got to see my maid of honor's adorable 1 month old baby girl (she's so tiny!!), and B had 2 stellar play dates at the park with her friends Davis and Everett. Needless to say, I've lost a little focus on organizing the pantry. I think I mostly feel the need to write this post because I promised a "part 2" versus actually having made substantial progress on my original organization plan. I can say that SOME progress has been made, so we'll just go with that...

I decided to take advantage of TCS's annual elfa sale, and bought the back-of-the-door pantry unit to install.


The baskets are convenient, although sometimes lethal. B has walked into them head first a couple times and I've slammed my shoulder into the upper baskets a time or two. Other than that, I like that they can store oddly shaped packages and small random items that can get lost amongst the vast shelving.

I also put on my engineer thinking cap and decided to make my own compartmentalized box out of B's gerber graduates cardboard container. I cut off the sides and used them as dividers to store ketchup, CFA sauce, saltines, and other random condiment packages. Not as pretty as a $4.99 basket from TCS, but equally as functional.


As for the rest of the pantry, I have grand plans to separate everything into different sections - a baking section, a canned goods section (organized by food type like beans, fruits, etc.), a pasta section, a chips / cracker section, etc. I'm choosing to focus on the fact that I still have 4 months until baby boy gets here. We'll see what happens between now and then...

0 comments: