Monday, March 3, 2008

I also love babies...

In addition to weddings, I also love babies...but am by no means ready to have one of my own. I repeat - I AM BY NO MEANS READY TO HAVE ONE OF MY OWN, NOR AM I PREGNANT.

A lady at work told me the other day that she had a dream I was pregnant. Since we have no walls on our cubes, the entire floor happened to hear. I'm either getting fat, or people missed the "I had a dream" part of her story, because I've had several recent inquiries about K's and my plans to start a family.

We've always said 2 years; however, we have not yet begun to decrease that benchmark down to a year and a half, etc. I have a feeling when June comes we'll still be saying 2 years, although come K's 30th birthday in October he's probably going to want to pop one out most immediately, due to sheer fear of getting older.

My best friend from high school lives in Oklahoma and has 2 kids under the age of 2. I have great intentions of being a good mom, but fear that the header of her blog will become a serious reality upon birthing baby #1:

At least I have several amazing friends who have already experienced the joys of motherhood. I'm counting on them to provide words of wisdom and guidance when the time comes for me to join the crowd. They say I have lots to look forward to. We'll see about that...

1 comments:

Emily said...

I hate to break it to you but NO ONE knows what they're doing. Its the way it was meant to be I guess.

And I'll spare you from telling you about our mouse problem that we had when we moved back into our house after being gone two weeks because of the ice storm.