Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We have rats....

...in our garage. Ew, rats. Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross. THANKFULLY - our garage is detached. I can't imagine sleeping with our living space separated from these disgusting furry rodents by nothing more than a door. How grateful I am that we have a driveway, steps, grass, etc. to bridge the gap.

We had an exterminator come out today and announce that based on the number of rat droppings all over the garage, our problem is pretty severe. As such, he recommended a quarterly extermination plan. This could very well be a ploy to get more money, but at this point all I really care about is them being gone.

The most disturbing part about all of this is that our dryer is in the garage. With me being the primary launderer, this means that the likelihood of rats watching me above the rafters at some point over the past few weeks as I transfer clothes in and out is almost 100%. Knowing that I've been in the same vicinity, maybe even inches apart, from a rat just gives me the heebie jeebies.

To end on a positive note, K has agreed to full dryer duty over the next coming weeks. I wonder if I can figure out a way to get out of any other weekly chores by blaming the rats...

0 comments: