Sunday, March 2, 2008

I love weddings...

My wedding day was by far the best day of my entire life. I married an absolutely amazing and wonderful man, who I love with all of my heart. Despite the glorious wedding festivites, I did NOT have fun actually planning the event. I'd always known I wanted to have a beautiful wedding one day, but the amount of hard work and preparation and multiple people pleasing that goes into it is something that I am so thankful I will not have to endure again. Don't get me wrong - being engaged was fabulous, and I had great moments of bonding with K, Mom, friends, etc., but still...

This weekend we were blessed to share in the union of my dear friend Lindsey and her groom Steven. It was a beautiful ceremony, fun reception, and the couple looked stunning and so in love. The relief that I have felt at each wedding attended after my own has not lessened or subsided yet. I can't tell you how great it feels to sit there in the pew and be able to relax and just enjoy and bask in the goodness and excitement of the celebration that surrounds you. No stress, no worry, no planning. A peaceful reminder of my own sacred vows pledged to my husband 9 months ago, without the insanity leading up to our cherished marriage. Oh how I love weddings....

Congrats, Lindsey and Steven!

0 comments: